Accounts and Audit Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a progressive accountancy practice within accounts and audit? We may have the perfect role for you. Our client is seeking an Accounts & Audit Senior to join the friendly team at its Maidenhead office to carry out a mix of audit fieldwork and accounting duties with approximately 30% of the time being spent carrying out statutory audits at the clients’ premises.
Whilst there will be opportunity for career progression, naturally, the company is ideally looking for someone who will be a safe pair of hands and will want to make this role their own for the long term, rather than viewing the position as a stepping stone.
As Accounts & Audit Senior, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of client accounts
- Executing audits at client sites
- Preparation of audit file for review and sign off by the practice RI
- Communicating regularly with directors/supervisors/managers on progress of work
- Prepare client letters, emails and communication with clients and the team
- Considered review of junior work
- Mentoring and developing junior team members
Audit and accounts experience is essential for this role and candidates have the following skills and attributes:
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified, part-qualified, or an exceptional qualified by experience accountant
- Have gained experience in a similar role within a practice environment
- Able to handle clients in an open, approachable and professional manner
- Be IT literate with experience of accounts and audit software, ie Caseware, IRIS and Xero
- Have an acute eye for detail with a methodical, diligent approach
- A team player with the ability and desire to support and guide junior members of the team
- Have a full driving licence and vehicle
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
This friendly and forward-thinking practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to thrive both personally and professionally.