We are a small practice which is growing fast and are seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working assistant accountant to join our small busy team. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow with the practice and eventually become practice manager for the second shop. We have a realistic business plan which will lead to the opening of a second shop in 2-3 years’ time and we see this person becoming the practice manager of our second shop.
To produce accounts initially to trial balance and then to produce a full set of financial statements before finally completing the relevant tax return i.e. personal tax return or corporation tax return for review by the owner. The post holder will be required to work flexibly and to budgets on each client file.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance
- Production of a full set of financial statements from the trial balance
- Completion of personal tax and corporation tax returns
- Completion of client VAT returns
- Completion of a client’s payroll
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquiries and staff. Responding clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Plus, other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate with at least two years finance experience preferably within a practice environment and currently studying for a professional accountancy qualification but would also consider a non-graduate with at least five years practice experience.
- The candidate will have experience in producing accounts to trial balance and then producing a full set of financial statements from the trial balance.
- The candidate will have experience of completing personal tax and corporation tax returns along with completing client VAT returns.
- An ability to develop good working relationships with both co-workers and clients.
- An ability to work without direction where necessary.
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills and proficient IT skills including the ability of using Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- A highly ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working individual wishing to progress and keen to make a difference in this practice.
- Very effective organisational skills with strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy, flexible, respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to adapt & cope with organisational change.
- Although not essential it is desirable for the candidate to have experience with Quickbooks Online Accounting Software.