Accounts Payable Assistant / Finance Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term Contract - 18 months
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, this role aims to deliver high quality, efficient accounts payable and accounting services.
The post holder will be expected to undertake specific duties in relation to the company's accounts functions as well as any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade which will assist the company in meeting its objectives or contribute to the post holder's personal development.
- To promptly and accurately process purchase orders, goods received notes, supplier invoices, and staff expense claims
- To ensure that purchase invoices are matched to purchase orders and goods received notes effectively and that suppliers are paid within the agreed payment terms and that properly authorised staff expense claims are settled promptly
- To process the weekly payment run on the accounting system, and to provide remittance advices as appropriate to suppliers
- To complete any ad-hoc payments as required (e.g. international/CHAPs) on the banking online system
- To deal with any direct debit and standing order payments made by the Company
- To investigate and deal with all returned AP returned payments and out of date cheques
- To undertake month end procedures, such as closing Accounts Payable, within the timeframe specified in the month end timetable
- To provide training to current and new employees on how to use the purchase order system
- To provide assistance to the team with procurement statistics and analysis of data to ascertain KPI levels
- To deal with any supplier queries (internal/external) in a timely manner
- To administer the day to day running of the corporate credit card scheme including ensuring the receipt of completed monthly statements from card holders and processing monthly statement journal
- To assist with implementing adequate controls to ensure robust accounts payable process
- Actively support the Company's equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, as directed
The post holder will demonstrate:
- Experience and knowledge of working in an accounts payable function or demonstrable transferrable skills/knowledge in a Financial services environment with the willingness and aptitude to learn the accounts payable function
- Ability to efficiently use an accounting software system such as Dimensions or demonstrable transferrable skills in the use of a finance related database system. Some examples of system based work includes carrying out with high accuracy data entry for purchase orders, supplier invoices and expense claims, reconcile data on the system for supplier accounts and create/running reports
- The ability to proactively plan, manage and review own individual daily high workload using system reports as available to ensure on time and accurate delivery whilst managing expectations throughout
- Experience or transferrable skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all stakeholders including staff, suppliers and external agencies
- Ability to evaluate issues critically and escalate as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, along with the ability to deliver presentations to a highly knowledgeable client base explaining complex issues, and taking feedback, tailored to the audience
- Effective numerical and analytical skills, with proven capability in the use of Word, Excel (to a minimum of intermediate level) whilst maintaining a commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Promotes positive behavior through own actions and attitude with the ability to deliver solutions within a team environment and be a flexible and supportive team player
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Accounts Clerk, Book Keeper, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Finance Assistant, Bookkeeping, Book Keeping, Finance Manager, Budgeting, Cost Scheduler, Forecasting may also be considered for this role.