Credit Control Manager
Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Robert Half are currently recruiting for a Credit Control Manager to join a prestigious manufacturing company based in Melksham.
Main purpose of the Job of the Credit Control Manager - Maintain the sales ledger, to expedite collection of debts to maximise cash flow, and manage credit limits.
Main responsibilities of the Credit Control Manager - Ensure payment by debtors of due balances to terms. Ensure sales ledger balances are accurate and reconciled. Manage credit limits.
Specific tasks of the Credit Control Manager
- The holding company provides credit management services, which include negotiation of the credit insurance contract, setting and allocation of credit limits, communication of contract terms and monitoring adherence to the policy. Communicate with the group credit administrator to facilitate their control.
- Understand the terms of the group credit policy. Highlight compliance issues arising to the FD for decision-making or onward communication.
- Communicate, meet with, provide information and resolve credit issues with Group staff, and others as and when required. Attend credit briefings by HO credit management
- With agreement from the FD, place customer accounts on hold, inform and liaise with all relevant parties.
- Prepare and monitor customer payment plans and agree with FD. With appropriate authority commence debt collection or legal action to recover debts. Process claims in the event of customer liquidation or receivership. Administer retention of title claims if required.
- Prepare management reports, including agent commission reports.
- Following receipt of a duly authorised account opening form, create new customer accounts for UK and export customers. With particular attention to credit limits, terms, commission rates and HO credit policy.
- Maintain existing customer account details.
- Keep and maintain full records of customer claims.
- Computer input, including cash allocation, settlement discounts, debit and stop notes. Resolve any issues that may arise.
- Regularly review the ledger for old balances, unallocated cash and other issues. Follow up and resolve with customer and / or Group staff as and when required,
- Check carrier invoices and raise recharges if required. Investigate reasons for undelivered items.
- Chase payment of debts, maintaining records of contact, communicating with all parties as required obtaining payment or solving the issue. Monitor 7day payment accounts, recover disallowed discount as appropriate.
- Prepare weekly and monthly statements and reports, issue to relevant customers, staff etc as required.
- Run end of month routines; agree month end controls and balances. Retain print outs if required.
- Year-end routines, schedules and tasks, including special cash collection exercises if required.
- Advise upon, develop and improve systems.
- Raise and process sundry credit notes and invoices.
- Carry out daily banking of cash, keep cash control batch records, agree and reconcile with the cashbook as part of the month end routine.
- Under take administration tasks, including document filing as required. Ensure fully completed POD's are obtained and retained. Periodically archive records.
- Supervise and train staff. The minimum aim should be to develop staff so that adequate cover is possible in the event of holiday or illness, and be able to communicate credit limit and debt issues to HO.
- Ensure that current Health and Safety guidelines are followed. Report H&S concerns.
- Prepare reports for HO, staff and customers. Liaise as required.
General Tasks of the Credit Control Manager
- Use best endeavours to implement decisions of directors and senior management.
- The list of specific tasks is not comprehensive and various tasks may arise on an ad hock basis for which the credit manager will become responsible.
- The company reserves the right to amend your job description from time to time in accordance with the needs of the business.
- The standard of work required is one of best custom and practice, consistent with the company accounting policy, timetable and deadlines.
- Communicate with customers in firm but civil and professional manner.
- Working relationships with whom the job holder may have to liaise - Group Directors, SBI Finance director and staff, Management and Accounting staff of other group companies, Sales team members, Sales office staff, Order entry staff, Planning and Production staff, Distribution staff, After sales office staff, all accounting department and IT staff, Credit insurer staff, Auditors and Customers.
- Fit Statement - the tasks and duties are carried out from a mainly seated position, using a VDU, with a low level of physical effort or mobility required.
Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement