Accounts and Audit Senior
Accounts & Audit Senior - Varied General Practice Role - Northamptonshire c£32K - £35K
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts and Audit Senior to join a small independent firm which is offering responsibility, variety and career progression.
Due to the nature of the role the firm can be flexible with the role to suit the candidate; with the essential requirement being that you have relevant Practice experience which includes some element of auditing. It doesn't need to be a lot of audit experience that you have but there is the opportunity to help you develop that area of experience so that you will ultimately be able to progress to planning and manage audit assignments. Audit will only take up about 25% of the role.
Main Responsibilities for Accounts and Audit Senior:
- Involved with audit assignments from planning through to completion.
- Accounts preparation of sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Assist clients with bookkeeping on computerized packages or manual.
- Completion of tax computations in respect of corporation tax and personal tax including a sound knowledge of Capital Allowances.
- Software experience would be useful re Excel, Iris Accounts Production and Sage / QuickBooks. Training will be provided where required
Candidate attributes for Accounts and Audit Senior
- A Public Practice background
- Some external audit experience and ideally knowledge of Mercia Audit manuals, though not essential.
- Accounts preparation experience
- Basic tax computation ability
- Knowledge of Iris accounts, Sage and /or Quickbooks
This is an excellent career opportunity for a finalist or qualified ACA / ACCA Accounts and Audit Senior with the opportunity to progress to a managerial position as your skills develop and prospects do exist in the medium term for further progression as the firm continues to grow.