Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and with us, make change happen in this Audit Executive opportunity within a Top 10 Accountancy and Professional Services firm.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It’s our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. As an Audit Executive you will work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You’ll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you’ll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. And you’ll help to shape a vibrant economy and contribute to making sure the whole business community is built on trust and integrity.
What you’ll be doing:
- you'll utilise your strong technical skills and good audit grounding to play an integral part in our audit team
- you'll apply, and share, your knowledge of preparing and reviewing work papers and of drafting financial statements
- you'll be responsible for allocating work to other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received excellent on-the-job coaching
- you’ll manage a small portfolio of dynamic, vibrant and growing businesses, enabling you to gain exposure to a range of different industries and markets
- you'll discuss relevant audit issues with your senior colleagues and with personnel at the clients' premises, bringing a new and creative perspective to their key concerns and how changes in regulation may affect them
- you'll create a positive impression with the client, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and dealing with any communications in a timely and professional manner
- you’ll support engagement leads throughout the audit process
- you’ll interact with local businesses and take part in networking activities
Who we're looking for:
- you'll have completed your ACCA or ACA professional qualification
- you’ll have a working knowledge of key reporting standards (IFRS and UK GAAP)
- you’ll have experience of the audit process
- you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
- We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
- Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
To find out more about this opportunity, please send your details to Onyx Recruitment.