Robert Half Financial Services are currently working with a FinTech firm in central London helping them source an Assistant Accountant for a 12 month assignment. This role also has the possibility of converting to a permanent Assistant Accountant role.
This firm is revolutionising the pensions industry. They were founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses.
Because of the background of the team- the culture is very much of a FinTech industry. For a Financial Services company, the firm is very relaxed and really promote a happy working environment.
As the Assistant Accountant, you shall be working within an immediate team of 3 focusing on general Bookkeeping and other ad-hoc tasks.
As Assistant Accountant, main responsibilities will include:
- Accounts Payable - processing invoices
- Credit card reconciliations
- Prepare expenses runs
- VAT compliance checks on invoices
- Analysis of accounts payable and process improvements
- Staff expense claim processing, ensuring compliance with policy
- Producing periodic debtor/creditor reports and ad hoc reports for management
- Accruals and prepayments
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of invoices and maintenance of invoice logs
- Other ad hoc projects
The successful Assistant Accountant should have:
- Studying for AAT, ACCA or CIMA may be advantageous
- Confident self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Some experience of assisting on month end reporting would be advantageous
- Competent at Excel and NetSuite desirable
Based in Central London.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly