We are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Accounting technician to join our small but busy team in Kingswood.
Salary: £18,000 (plus 5% performance related bonus after qualifying period)
To maintain accurate financial records and help prepare and analyse financial information to assist the accountant. The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It may be necessary to assist other staff from time to time.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- General book-keeping duties to include;
- double entry book-keeping;
- processing sales invoices;
- receipts and payments
- preparation of statements showing income and expenditure
- completing VAT returns
- preparing wages and processing expenses claims
- helping prepare P&L accounts and balance sheets
- completing and submitting tax returns
- drafting financial reports
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Plus, other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Please apply by sending your CV to Vacancies@taxassist.co.uk