European Tax Department Manager
European Tax Department Manager – Bracknell – Permanent – £65-67,500
The European Tax Department Manager for this global brand will effectively and efficiently manage tax risk across Europe whilst providing a value added service to stakeholders and customers. Additionally, the role should focus on the reduction of external consultants, exploiting business efficiency opportunities to enhance profitability, tax recoveries and cash flow.
Working with the Tax Director, this post will help define a clear and credible strategic direction for tax at all levels throughout the regional and global organisation. You will also work with the Department Managers for VAT and Customs and Internal Trade to deliver that direction.
- Leadership – business plan design & delivery; team leadership, development and coaching; proactive and decisive; creating a collaborative environment.
- Strategy & Planning – define, propose and implement overall tax strategy; assess inherent tax risks with the European Group; deliver tax strategy with target setting, action plans, budget management.
- Operational Management – team management, coaching and succession planning; drive a culture of customer service; support the business in decision making and mitigating risk; ensure compliance with external standards, statutory, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Experienced tax practitioner with previous experience of direct international taxes (particularly transfer pricing) gained in practice or from working within an international group.
- Proven track record for cross border tax planning and international direct tax management / projects.
- Significant experience in negotiating successfully with tax authorities.
- Good working knowledge of associated technical areas such as treasury, accounting and audit.
- Extensive knowledge of UK tax legislation, case law, guidance, and best practice.
- Experience of European taxes and awareness of main features of local regimes.
- Strong leadership and management skill; self-driven and motivated to succeed; excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel; good knowledge of English and some knowledge of other European languages.