Audit & Accounts Senior | 15+ Partner Practice
This Award winning, well established accountancy practice have recently instructed AJ Chambers to seek a highly professional Audit & Accounts Senior. The selected Auditor will be met with an excellent salary and benefits package.
You will take responsibility for the Audit process and take interest in understanding their client’s business. Tight deadlines must be met and you will take some responsibility in the supervisor of Junior staff members so strong interpersonal and supervisory skills will be important.
The role split is 60% Audit and 40% Accounts so as much as Audit is the focus, the right candidate will have a varied background and strong previous Accounts experience in Practice.
The successful Audit Senior will be required to:
- Plan, execute and finalise audit assignments, working directly with the client under manager / partner supervision;
- Undertake the preparation of accounts and corporation tax computations for incorporated businesses for review by managers or partners.
- Control cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents.
- Ensure professional standards are met and supervise and develop more junior staff.
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Pay attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing in practice.
- Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to more junior members.
- Active adherence to budget and time tables, bringing matters to the attention of manager.
- Producing work for manager and partner review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified;
- Assisting with client cash flows and business plans where necessary
- Assisting with due diligence assignments when arising
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in dealing with junior members of staff on-site.
- Good understanding of Corporate Tax, New UK GAAP and accounts disclosure.
- Preferable experience including media, and owner managed businesses.
- Working knowledge – Viztopia, Sage Line50; CCH Central; QuickBooks
For more information on this Audit & Accounts Senior role please either apply directly, or contact Cody Palmer at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.