Our client are a Mid-Sized Accountancy Firm in Loughton. Recruiting for an Audit Senior, audit (around 90%) and accounts (around 10%).
- Planning Assignments, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team
- Prepare the audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing audit programmes
- Preparing bank and other certificates
- Attending stock-takes
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget
- Reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded
- Managing onsite team
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Detailed costing of time budget
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH
- To liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Cross sell other services to clients
Qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including solid audit experience (min 75% of current role) on a mix of clients (corporate, charities, FSA etc). Applicants must be a car owner - owing to the location of our client base Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards essential. First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage a team essential.