Assistant Finacial Accountant
Robert half finance and accounting are actively recruiting for a temporary assistant accountant to support a well-established retail business in Woking. The role is being offered as a 6 month temporary assignment.
With onsite parking the business is looking to recruit an assistant accountant to join a well performing finance team which consists of 3 people.
- Upload statement, code and post all transactions for all bank accounts
- Reconcile ALL bank accounts (sterling and foreign currencies) on a weekly basis
- Maintain One off payments log, set up and post to Sage
- Reconcile control accounts on a weekly basis ensuring and prepare rec at month end
- Complete the Daily Treasury Report (DTR) and work closely with Group Treasury to maintain this
- Support Accounts Payable - direct debits, refunds, bounced payments
- Prepare weekly banking and take to bank, process manual cheques and maintain register
- Calculate the FX on deals by maintaining records of all the deals and ensuring this agrees to the relevant codes and gets transferred monthly to the P&L
- Prepare monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Other ad hoc tasks as required and directed by the Financial Accountant
The successful assistant accountant is likely to have had previous experience of working within a busy finance function. You will have a good understanding of Excel and prior knowledge of Sage would be an advantage.
Excellent communication skills is a must as you will be expected to communicate effectively to key internal customers.
The role is based in the company's established offices in Woking. This company is a market leading retail business with a strong, respected brand.
Salary and Benefits
£16 per hour, onsite parking.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement