Tax Manager - Accountancy Practice - Permanent - Bucks
This established, award winning firm of Chartered Accountants, Auditors and Tax Advisors based in Buckinghamshire, requires an experienced Tax Manager, with a focus on Personal Tax, to help drive the growing tax function.
You will form part of the management team in conjunction with the Tax Partner, Senior Managers and other Personal Tax Managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of technical tax services.
Key Tasks include:
- Manage and service clients in your own portfolio
- Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes whilst continuing involvement in supervision, training and development of the team
- Ensure tax department administration is kept up to date, and routine administration dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage workloads of junior members of the tax team
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, clients and partners to generate business leads
- Identify cross selling opportunities to partner through networking
- Actively support Tax Partner
- Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes
- Maintain highest level of technical competence and apply in response to clients needs
- Involvement in marketing of the tax service line by attending client functions and seminars
- Ideally you will be ATT qualified and/or CTA qualifies with substantial relevant experience in tax roles in practice.
- Effective people management skills
- Manage workload of team and provide feedback on performance
- Ensures technical knowledge is up to date and seeks expert advice when required
- Takes appropriate level of responsibility to maintain a high quality of work whilst organising and managing time efficiently and effectively
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice
As a training practice, the Tax Manager will also:
- Be an approachable member of the tax team
- Identify training needs of the team and coach/supervise where required.
- Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and company requirements and maintain up-to-date CPD record
You will also have excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail and positive can-do attitude. In return, this practice offers an excellent working environment, with a dynamic and supportive partner team, where you will be challenged and developed.