Robert Half are currently partnering with a Bristol based Retail Company to bring on board an Assistant Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to grow their career whilst supporting their studies with a company that offer a fantastic progression route also.
The role: Assistant Accountant
- Reporting to the Head of Finance.
- Management of sales & purchase ledger for a number of business units, including processing of invoices.
- Reporting specifically on client account status as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate management accounts, including P&L, balance sheet with reconciliations, income and cash flow.
- Management of balance sheet items linked to projects; specifically WIP, accrued and deferred income, debtors, creditors and cash-flow.
- Communicating regular trading updates and progress reports to key stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with the senior team to meet monthly commercial performance targets.
- Assisting the group with a variety of commercial tasks and helping to produce and communicate management information.
- Providing support during the year-end audit process and completion of the Statutory Accounts.
- Oversee the creation of supplier and customer accounts (consistency, compliance, checking VAT and company registration details, entering credit limits)
- Be a strong advocate for internal controls and processes to help drive a right first time culture in line with company and department objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Assistant management accounting: 2 years
- Ideally part qualified or finalist accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent).
- Proven financial reporting/assistant management accounting experience gained
- Proficient experience within Excel (Pivot Tables, formulas, data linking etc)
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience using Sage and Xero software preferable
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement