Trade Finance Controller / Credit Controller
Job Title: Trade Finance Controller
Location: Banbury, OX16
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12th March 2018
The company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the security and profitability of the company through efficient and effective trade monitoring of a rotating portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with clients to secure the recovery of trade liability
- To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure security and profitability of the company through efficient monitoring and re -paying of trade
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
- Proactively seek to understand clients business and trade cycle to enable identification of warning signs and opportunities
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
Requirements of the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications - N/A
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience in a financial service environment
- Skills - Managing risk, sales.
- Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Manager, Accounting Controller, Financial Analyst, Financial Controller, Finance Associate, Finance Coordinator, Senior Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Head of Finance, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Bookkeeper, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, Sage L50, Payroll Management, VAT Compliance, Financial Reporting, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Sales Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor may also be considered for this role.