The permanent division of Robert Half Financial and Accounting are recruiting for a Commercial Accountant to join an instantly recognisable brand based in Milton Keynes.
The opportunity is based within walking distance of Central Milton Keynes and Milton Keynes Central train station making it a fantastic location for commuters. The role has become available as a result of persistent growth and an increase in market share as a result of the 2016 and 2017 financial performance of the organisation. The role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is seeking a role where they can learn, develop and learn alongside their daily duties as well as offering a salary of up to £38500 and full study support.
Reporting directly into the FP&A Manager the role of the Commercial Accountant includes:
- Developing the month end reporting and analysis capability within the organisation to ensure accurate and timely data is being delivered to internal stakeholders monthly
- Production of management reports and management information on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to highlight both operational and financial performances and areas for improvement
- Production of board packs at month end which is to include full management accounts, analysis and balance sheet review with commentary
- Taking responsibility for driving the company reporting model and structures and constantly working with stakeholders and budget holders to improve the information being delivered
- Analysing the monthly financial statements
- Developing monthly dashboards using the businesses internal reporting tool
- Working alongside the FP&A Manager and budget holders to produce annual and longer term business plans. Further becoming the main point of contact for designated departments to monitor performances against business plans
- Assisting internal customer base with any financial requirements which include the provisions of regular and ad-hoc financial information and data sets
- Act as the primary point of contact for designated areas of the business
- Ad-hoc financial tasks when and where required
The ideal Commercial Accountant will be:
- Studying toward a professional finance qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Have experience of working within a medium or large organisation previously
- Have experience of working within a commercial finance discipline previously, ideally with experience of analysis and business partnering duties
- Experienced in terms of working with ERP systems. Exposure to SAP and/or Hyperion would be advantageous but not essential
- A strong communicator
- An experience and intermediate to advanced user of Excel (Vlookups and Pivot Tables)
The organisation are an equal opportunity employer who offer a market leading working environment along with a top tier benefits package. The head office is based just outside of Central Milton Keynes and offers on site, secure car parking facilities but also is within walking distance of both a bus stop and train station.
In 2016 and 2017 the business experienced above expected financial results and with their industry experiencing an economic upturn, there results are set to continue in 2018 and beyond.
Salary & Benefits
The Commercial Accountant will receive a salary of up to £38500 along with the following benefits:
- Full study support
- Up to 6% bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension up to 10.5%
- Funded private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail and high street discounts
- Ad-hoc company specific benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement