Financial Controller/Director Designate
About Our Client
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting for an experienced Financial Controller to form part of the management team of the UK Division of an expanding Multinational Manufacturing Business at their base in Birmingham.
Financial Controller role is a key appointment for the business, the successful individual will at first work closely with the current Finance Director and then take over as Director with 6/8 months.
The ideal candidate will have a professional accounting qualification, with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience. Strong manufacturing controller, with excellent interpersonal skills are essential in order to build strong relationships with key personnel located across multiple sites. You should be comfortable in presenting financial information to senior stakeholders and externally. Experience of working within a changing business would be advantageous. Must be proactive, with an inquisitive nature to support the change.
The Controller will have ownership over:
- Preparation of accurate financial statements in line with set internal deadlines including variance explanation
- Preparation of monthly board papers and Packs
- Re-forecasting process including the following month and to year end via quarterly forecast process
- Annual budget process
- Product Costings
- Annual product cost update and stock revaluation
- Review variances against current standards to ascertain if standard costs required revision.
- Update and Maintenance of standard product costs
- Prepare costs for customer quotes
- Weekly reporting including variance explanation
- Daily reporting
- Various Manufacturing Data
- PL review /PL tracker completion
- Reconciliation to accounting systems
- Re-forecast of current month
- Review with Operations
- System upgrades and testing
- Review Monthly Fixed Assets and the annual physical verification process
- Review daily reporting of Foundry productivity and ESH
- Improvement of company Internal Controls
- Process redesign and improvement
- Capex preparation /support and submission
- Ensuring best practice and efficiency in the operation of the finance department
£55,000 - £65,000 plus car, pension, bonus, private health cover
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement