Payroll Manager / Supervisor - Shared Service Centre
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy group shared service centre environment as Payroll & Pensions Manager, including all day-to-day supervision, management and development of payroll and pension functions, and staff within a busy shared service centre.
This role encompasses all management of resources and staff, production and control of all payroll functions, pensions, and future development within a busy shared service centre.
- Day-to-day supervision of payroll and pension team members - ensuring SLA delivery and accuracy
- Completion of all payroll functions to ensure requirements of shared service centre are met
- Management of resources to maximise efficiency and quality
- Ensuring high levels of customer service are met at all times
- Authorisation over functions requiring a final say
- Providing support and guidance for payroll cycles
- Production of statistics for planned monthly reviews with payroll staff
- Production and submission of reports for month and year-end requirements
- Awareness of legislation surrounding payroll
- Production of timetables in accordance with contracts etc
- System upgrade management
- Reconciling in line with month-end
- Management and leadership demonstrations as required
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the above requirements, and have (or have experience in) the following:
- CIPP / equivalent payroll qualification
- Extensive payroll knowledge
- Extensive experience working within a payroll environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS office and MS Excel
- Ability to train and develop
- Delegation and management skills
- Extensive organisational skills
The company is part of a group and this position is situated within the shared service centre. With a payroll roster of 4000+, the department is busy and vibrant - looking for someone to lead from the front.
A DBS check will be carried out for this position - this is funded.
Salary & Benefits
£34,000/annum, pension as usual, on-site car parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement