Financial Planning Analyst
Robert Half are working with a household name transport business based in Bristol to recruit for a Financial Planning Analyst.
Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Basic Purpose of Role:
- Deliver robust, timely, consistent and quality information to the business to enable them to meet challenging Driver cost targets.
- Add value by enabling ownership and accountability at a local level and providing transparency of financial and non-financial information to operational leaders and managers, helping them to identify opportunities for savings.
- Working in a collaborative way, establishing strong and effective working relationships with colleagues across the
- Set the highest standards of performance and demonstrate
- Production and review ofFP&Adeliverables:
- Budget and Quarterly
- Accurate weekly KPI submission including variance analysis and commentary.
- Period end deliverables, posting journals and carrying out insightful analysis to explain movements in key
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis at line manager's
- Ownership of Drivers cost lines (circa £370m p.a.) and corresponding BS/CF impacts/elements, to support the production of the BS/CF
- Performance improvement:
- Involvement in building new Budget and Forecast models.
- Streamline weekly KPI's and develop a new interactive output file for ops managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Operating Company stakeholders/budget
- Involvement in driving efficiencies/best practice, including involvement in improvement projects.
- People and Professional Development:
- Foster behaviors in line with the business values and have open and honest conversations when behavior is not in line with these
- Provide and receive open and honest feedback, in a constructive way, to improve performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that CPD is
- Other responsibilities:
- Support, OpCos and Decision Support team on commercial projects where required.
- Support other team members at busy periods to facilitate a fair work life balance across the
- To work with external advisors as required, including
- Any other duties as
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to travel as
- To undertake any additional duties at the request of your line manager, which is deemed to be within your
- To induct, manage and develop any personnel within your area of
- To adhere to all policies and
- To undertake any training and development activities at the request of your line
- To comply with all Group Injury Prevention policies and support new
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- To comply with your responsibilities of the Health and Safety Policy at all
- To ensure compliance with legislation, company policies and Injury
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out for areas and activities under your control, that appropriate control measures are implemented and the recommendations are communicated to all of those who may be at
- To report incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences in a timely manner and ensure effective remedial action is
- To promote and implement, where appropriate, Injury Prevention and safe working practices by means of campaigns, initiatives and to promote a positive attitude to safety through personal leadership.
- To support the Company's environmental campaigns and be aware of Group's annual
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Training or willing to start training to be a member of a recognised accountancy professional body (preferably CIMA or ACCA).
- Tenacious, with a willingness to challenge ideas.
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Strong PC skills including advanced
- Ability to deliver to tight/moving deadlines without compromising
- Excellent oral, written and presentation
- Being committed to excellence in customer service for all stakeholders.
- Ability to plan time effectively, as well as taking the initiative to improve processes and eradicate inefficiencies.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data into a user-friendly format.
- Committed to organisational confidentiality and supportive of equality issues across the organisation.
- Hyperion & SAP skills a
- Delivery to
- Streamlined Processes.
- Accurate submissions and insightful
- Feedback from Head of FP&A, Senior Leadership
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement