Private Client Tax Director
This well established, reputable Oxfordshire firm are looking to appoint a Private Client Tax Director to plan, organise, lead and control the work of the Private Client Tax department, based in their offices in Banbury.
The Private Client Tax Director must demonstrate a high degree of gravitas and technical ability to ensure the provision of a cost-effective, timely, quality service to the client base.
The Private Client Tax Director will contribute to overall development of the practice through the ability to build rapport and trust with existing and potential clients and therefore must be resilient, organised and have superb attention to detail. At the same time be creative, agile of thought and be highly analytical.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Seeking to identify tax planning opportunities, highlighting to partners/ client along with solutions as appropriate.
- Being proactive in client service along with responding to client queries.
- Reviewing tax work performed by more junior staff.
- Undertaking staff appraisals and ensuring targets are met.
- Providing feedback and training as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. tax advisory matters.
- Monitoring progress against compliance deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. tax returns.
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff and allocating staff to assignments efficiently.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with clients, partners and staff.
- Ensure that Firm procedures/ training materials are up to date and brought to the attention of the department.
- Attending and contributing to both regular and one-off seminars, and other relevant activities such as networking events so as to increase profile of the firm.
- Identify other services that we could potentially offer existing clients- i.e. cross-selling. Links with providing effective client service.
- Introduce potential new clients to the firm through general discussions or meetings with business and personal contacts.
- Ability to understand and oversee private client tax compliance process within the department ensuring efficiency and accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Ability to provide reports on private client tax advisory projects.
- Strong computer literacy
- Ability to communicate with clients, contacts, prospects and colleagues
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong technical ability
- CTA, ACA or ACCA Qualification, Degree or equivalent experience
- STEP or equivalent tax qualification is desirable
What's on offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- Great benefits package
- Personal development and progression
Interested? Apply today to register your interest or call Richard to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18585