Purchase Ledger Team Leader
Role: Purchase Ledger team leader.
Robert Half are working with a Market leading business who are recruiting a Purchase Ledger team leader. The successful candidate will organises the team's workload on a daily basis and is the initial port of call for any issues identified by the team. The team leader role is a pivotal role providing transactional input support for the team during periods of high volume/ queries but also provides the Purchase Ledger Manager with deputy cover during periods of leave.
- Organise team workload to ensure the team is utilised efficiently on a daily basis
- Manage all inboxes to ensure that queries are dealt with by the team within the required timescale.
- Ensure invoices and expenses are processed in order of priority and / or date, and all queries are dealt with satisfactorily in a timely manner
- Assist team members in the resolution of more complex invoicing and expense claim queries from suppliers and employees, being the first port of call for any queries.
- Manage and co-ordinate the weekly payment runs, to ensure all invoices and expenses are paid in line with the pre-defined approvals and payment terms.
- Preparation of journal upload files requiring apportionment across multiple cost centres for all large invoices such as mobile phone and corporate travel providers
- Support and cover the Purchase Ledger Manager in the preparation of the weekly cashflow forecast in line with Group deadlines, ensuring all payments are made in line with this. Any significant diversion will require full investigation and explanation
- Train & develop team members to ensure all Purchase Invoice details and employee expenses are entered into the accounting system accurately & on a timely basis , ensuring items such as VAT and international taxes are correctly accounted for.
- Monitor uncleared invoices approaching their due date and work with the team to resolve issues on a timely basis, escalating items as necessary to the Purchase Ledger Manager
- Ensure the team set up suppliers on an accurate and timely basis on our finance system, ensuring records are not duplicated and information is complete.
- Provide cover and support for the Treasury assistant to include setting up bank account payments and reconciliation of the bank account.
- Assist the team with invoice input, matching and query resolution as and when required during periods of high transactional volume/queries
- Meet all personal and team KPIs set (e.g. posting times, keying accuracy etc)
- Ensure all purchase invoice details and employee expenses are entered into accounting system accurately and processed within the purchase ledger SLA for timeliness
- Ensure all queried invoices are resolved on a timely basis
- Ensure the bank account is appropriately reconciled on a timely basis and payment runs are accurately prepared & processed on a timely basis
- Provide feedback to senior management on any areas of finance where it has been identified further benefits could be obtained from optimisation of current processes.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent A-level results
- Finance team leadership experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new processes with confidence to ask for clarification where required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstration of a high level of enthusiasm & passion to progress further in the role and organisation
- Experience of Microsoft AX
- Experience of processing international supplier invoices
- Degree or AAT level 3/4
Role: Purchase Ledger Team Leader
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement