Reporting To : Finance Director
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the accurate & timely preparation of the Group's management reports including the monthly divisional management packs, consolidated group reports for the parent company, other regular management reports and ad hoc analysis as required.
This "hands on" role requires the individual to take full responsibility for the integrity of the accounting records, to maintain strong internal controls and to organise the workload in order to ensure that the reports are delivered on time as required. The role incorporates the management of the finance team of six.
In addition to routine finance functions, the Finance Manager should be pro-active in reviewing business performance with other department heads, providing analysis and insight to alert management to issues as they arise and make recommendations for change as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Month end reporting
- For UK and US sites:-
- Update forex rates & calculate monthly exchange gains or losses
- Prepare monthly flash report & review with FD
- Accruals & prepayments
- Prepare TB
- Prepare monthly accounts
- Prepare divisional management information packs
- Prepare group consolidation for parent company using Hyperion
- Reconcile payroll & post transactions
- Process PAYE payment
- BACS processing
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Divisional review meetings with business unit heads
Daily / weekly routines
- On-line payment authorisation & cash management
- Prepare weekly sales & margin report
- Right hand man/woman to the FD
- Manage the finance team
- Business performance analysis
- Maintain Openda ERP system as necessary
- First point of contact for parent company financial enquiries
- Preparation of annual budget & periodic forecasts including balance sheet and cash flow
- VAT returns & general tax compliance
- Lead role in internal & external audits
- Good interpersonal skills & self confidence when interacting with business unit managers, parent company finance team and other staff members.
- Top level Excel skills with the ability to maintain robust data and present financial information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Self motivated and capable of managing a varied and demanding workload without supervision.
- An ability to review and interpret financial information, understanding the implications of KPI variances.
- Experience of Hyperion is an advantage.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement