Tax Accountant - Retail - Luton
Robert Half are hiring for a Tax Accountant for a leading international retail company based near to Luton. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting into the Tax Manager, the Tax Accountant is responsible for looking after the UK and Irish corporate tax affairs of the business.
- Prepare the quarterly current and deferred tax reporting provisions under IFRS across the UK and Ireland
- Prepare the UK corporation tax returns, and manage the tax compliance process, including group relief allocation and group tax payments with HMRC and finance/treasury colleagues
- Preparation of tax and deferred tax provisions for inclusion in UK statutory financial statements under FRS101
- Reviewing & managing the Irish corporation tax compliance process
- Working with auditors, finance controllers and Group tax colleagues
- Co-ordinating the SAO data collection and review process, and preparing the related notification and certificates for HMRC
- Preparing final tax returns for companies in liquidation, including obtaining clearance from HMRC
- Coordinating the tax risks identified within the UK & IE businesses, and reporting to Group Tax
The company is looking to hire a qualified tax accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS) or a qualified tax adviser (CTA) with significant UK corporate tax experience. This experience could have been gained either from working in practice or in industry.
The client is a leading international retail business based near to Luton.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement