With ambitious plans for growth in the UK, there is significant investment being placed within this division, with a clear plan for both organic and acquisitive growth. With the appointment of the UK CEO, the process is underway to appoint a permanent CFO but the speed of development is such that we are supporting the business to secure an interim CFO to help establish the right environment and structure within the finance team in the UK. Likely to be for a period of at least 6 months, we are seeking an experienced CFO/Finance Director with experience of construction, civil engineering or large scale contracting.
The core of the role will include:
- Supporting the contract/bid processes: pricing, modelling, designing proper work-flow and interrogating data to ensure it is accurate and compelling
- Support the strategic business planning process, helping to deliver a plan which is aligned to the Group's strategic business plan and meets its outputs
- Develop sound internal controls and ensure compliant accounting practices (including US GAAP) are upheld, including appropriate systems are in place
- Manage risks associated with customer and supplier joint ventures and lead the risk and assurance process and interface with internal and external audit activities
- Prepare CAPEX reports and have oversight for all reporting (statutory and management)
- Be involved in any potential M&A activity
You will have had exposure to working in an environment that has experienced significant change and challenge, and be able to bring to bear your strong commercial focus and experience of developing financial strategies within a contract-driven environment. Comfortable working with multiple IT systems (Oracle experience is a major benefit) and an excellent understanding and application of UK GAAP and Costing & Pricing methodologies are a given. Exposure to M&A activity - plus disposals - will also be strongly advantageous. The UK finance team is based in North Yorkshire (A1M corridor) and you will likely spend a good portion of the week there, although travel to other operational sites across the UK will also be necessary.
Interviews with the client will be held w/c 15th January with an expectation that the selected candidate will begin the following week ideally.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement