The Core Accounting Team for Boeing UK are looking for a Bristol based individual to join the Financial Accounting Team.
The Boeing UK Bristol based Financial Accounting Team are responsible for the accounting, reporting and control of various UK subsidiaries within the Boeing Group. These entities include Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe Limited (BCASEL), Boeing United Kingdom Limited (BUKL), Boeing Training & Flight Services Limited (BT&FS), Boeing Operations International (BOI) plus 3 holding companies. The Financial Accounting team work in conjunction with our outsourced 3rd party provider Genpact in India. Boeing (under BUKL) is building a fabrication centre in Sheffield which shows continued investment and growth in the UK.
As a result of this there is the requirement for an additional Financial Accountant to support the increased scope of work for the set up and implementation of this establishment and the underlying business as usual activity within BUKL. The role will focus implementing the accounting for the Sheffield centre and related reporting and work on performing various improvement projects as well as supporting the month end close activity and balance sheet reconciliation, control and compliance across the various UK entities. This will include UK statutory accounts.
The successful candidate will work within the Financial Accounting, Policy and Compliance Team but will support and work closely with the other teams within core and out in the programs and will perform a variety of tasks to support efficient, timely and accurate reporting. Tasks will be varied but will include:
- Internal & External Audits support– Deloitte (Stat Audit), SoX & Subsidiary Compliance Reviews
- Month end activities including journal preparation, posting and control and assisting on Group reporting requirements
- Set up and implementation of the fabrication site in Sheffield with related reporting and accounting– multiple stakeholders across many countries
- Reconciliation review and improvement
- Work with the team to set up, improve and maintain processes within BUKL
- Other ad hoc accounting activities and projects as required
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- Qualified or nearly qualified accountant
- Knowledge of complex accounting systems and reporting applications - Oracle
- Strong financial accounting and control experience
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Flexible and adaptable skills
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of excel and Microsoft office
- Knowledge of UK and US GAPP advantageous
Dynamic, self starter used to operating in a complex and fast moving environment. This is a hands on role so ability to support, deliver results and communicate effectively at all levels and across all business functions is a must. A personable individual with the ability to influence and contribute as a business partner.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE NOT EXISTING EMPLOYEE