Financial / Project Controller
Robert Half is currently recruiting a Financial / Project Controller for a multi-national business with operations in Derby. The role will be to look after one of their key contracts which has a lifespan of over 10 years, and a value in excess of £500m turnover.
The opportunity is for a Financial Controller to join a growing team, in a period of positive change. Your role will be to provide financial control, reporting, forecasting and budgeting for the contract, reporting into the Operations Director. You will manage a small commercially focused team, with a dotted line to a wider finance team in a SSC.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Communication of financial information to non-finance stakeholders
- Develop systems and processes
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Financial and commercial support for bids and tenders
- Improve existing internal controls
- Constant view of cost-reduction and mindset to improve margins
The right person for this role will have ideally operated in a finance leadership role previously. You must be a qualified accountant, and it is likely you will have a solid academic background and a strong track record of promotion throughout your career. You will likely have come from a Manufacturing, Construction or Facilities Management background, and can evidence experience of working in a complex contractual environment.
Some of the key skills/experience you will bring are:
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong systems knowledge, and experience of process improvement
- Involvement with a business / project going through transformational change
- Confidence in communication to internal / external stakeholders up to board level
The role is to work for a large organisation with the bulk of finance centred in a UK Shared Service Centre. Your role will be on of their large high-profile contracts therefore quite autonomous from the rest of the finance team. The culture is one of collaboration but hard work, and you should be used to working in an operational environment. For the right person, there are local and global promotion opportunities available.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role will be in the region of £65,000 + Car / Allowance + Bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement