Rainham Industrial Services – Thurrock, Essex.
£22,000 - £24,000 a year
We are currently seeking a Payroll Administrator to work at our Head Office , based in Thurrock, Essex .
The ideal candidate will have previous payroll experience, working in a busy environment and to tight deadlines. The role involves processing time-sheets, data entry and general payroll queries.
The Payroll Administrator will be required to assist the Payroll Manager to:
- Produce payrolls for up to 450 weekly and 50 monthly staff, from raw data through to authorisation process
- Process new starter information for all employees
- Ensure that all employees have passed the “right to work in the UK” ID checklists
- Ensure that all payrolls are paid on time
- Produce P45’s and process SSP, SMP, holidays etc.
- Process Attachment of Earnings and make relevant payments
- Provide details of transfer costs to accounts team
- Auto-enrol all employees on the pension scheme where appropriate
- Provide cover for the Payroll Manger during holidays / sickness
- Continuously look at ways in which systems/processes can be improved in conjunction with the Financial Controller / Payroll Manager.
The successful candidate will need to be/have:
- To produce work in an accurate and timely fashion
- The ability to prioritise work and meet both weekly and monthly deadlines
- At least 1 years’ payroll experience (but not essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
The ideal candidate should have, attention to detail, good telephone manner and able to work as part of a team.
If you feel that you would enjoy this challenging role please apply today
We are an equal opportunities employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per year
- Payroll: 1 year (but not essential)
Closing date: 22nd December 2017