Euro Car Parts is part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $5 billion worldwide and more than 20,000 employees across 7 countries.
Euro Car Parts is the fastest growing, largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with over 8,000 employees in over 200 branches nationwide.
Continued phenomenal growth in both the UK and Europe and the pursuit of £1bn turnover, it is the passion, high energy, tenacity and a “will to win” that are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth.
To ensure all supplier documents are verified on a timely manner and any queries resolved before the due dates so as not to interrupt the supply chain of the company.
Work in conjunction with the KPI’s set for the individual, Departmental and Organisational objectives.
The team is involved in ongoing ad-hoc projects relating to Purchase Ledger processes/practices and the ERP System to assist in the continuous improvement of Euro Car Parts
- Responsible for the registration of invoices manually on to the purchase ledger in the absence of scanning when required
- Matching invoices to GRNs and verifying invoices for all types of stock orders – normal stock, special orders and branch deliveries in a timely manner at least 1 month in advance per due date
- Proactively resolving all pending or/and new queries by the document due date
- Liaising with Claims department for all stock and price discrepancies
- Verifying credit notes by due date
- Posting all discrepancies and additional charges into the appropriate nominal codes subject to authorisation from the Supervisor/Manager
- Registration and verification of advance payment documents on a timely manner
- Liaising with Purchasing, Purchase Ledger team, Branches & Warehouse to resolve any issues as and when required
- Transferring documents across from one account to another viz multiple account suppliers
- Verification of currency supplier invoices within 3 working days from the date of scanning
- Cover for employee absences within the team as per instructions from the Supervisor/Manager for effective running of the department
- To support Supervisor/Manager as required from time to time
- Accounts Payable team
- Purchasing department
- External suppliers
- Warehouse team
- Branch Administrators
The candidate Qualifications:
- GCSE (or equivalent) pass in maths and English
- AAT (preferred but not essential)
- Administrative experience in a Finance environment
- Experience in working with large volume of invoices.
- Microsoft Office – in particular strong Excel skills
- Strong numeracy skills
Other Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills at all levels (written and oral)
- Ability to identify issues and escalate appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop good relationships with suppliers and internal colleagues
- Flexible approach and ability to work as a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Works well under pressure
- Willing to challenge process & identify possible improvements.