Robert Half are working with a UK-wide pharmaceutical business based in Croydon to recruit for an Accounts Assistant. Joining an experienced transactional team, you will have unparalleled exposure to this market leading business which has won numerous awards for their people development and training. Based in a modern office with onsite parking and walking distance from West Croydon Station (and commutable by tram), the successful candidate will find themselves on a progression path towards professional development.
The successful accounts assistant will display experience within a finance function, ideally in a pharmaceutical industry.
They ideally will be studying towards a professional certification, either AAT, CIMA or ACCA.
They will be able to demonstrate strong excel skills, with exposure to SAP being preferable also.
- Processing all online supplier bank payments for bank signatories' authorisation.
- Processing urgent weekly purchase ledger cheque payment runs for all entities.
- Processing monthly purchase ledger payment runs (BACS and cheques) for all entities.
- Importing of all sales invoices for Wells Offshore on a monthly basis.
- Credit control chasing customers for payment and allocating debtors' payments to Wells Offshore ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Processing monthly statement runs for Wells Offshore and e-mailing them out to debtors.
- Opening new supplier accounts for AAH and Alliance for new acquisition pharmacies.
- Assisting the pharmacy teams and Support Office with opening new supplier accounts.
- Download all bank statements and forward to the India back-office team for processing.
- Review bank reconciliations for all new acquisition pharmacy companies.
- Post all cross charges to related entities and ensure timely invoices are raised and sent out to clients for relevant costs.
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Review inter-company reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Filling in monthly Intrastat VAT returns, online.
- Processing Concur expense runs twice a month on the due dates, including posting entries to SUN accounts and sending out remittance advices.
- Fleet management. Arranging road tax and updating the schedule of vehicles when they are relocated or disposed or of new additions to record.
- Weekly cheque deposits and general banking duties.
- Raising charity bank payments with CAF on an annual basis and dealing with any pharmacy queries regarding the charity payments.
- Dealing with accounts telephone queries and providing support to the accounting team in times of leave / absence.
- Filing, packing and storing away all accounts paperwork, including bank statements / notifications, audit files, new acquisition pharmacy documents, etc.
- Provide support to the pharmacy teams with closing and balancing off their tills, when required.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Salary & Benefits
£23k + study support, bonuses and benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement