International Finance Business Partner Manager
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
This is a senior leadership position for the Finance team of ZSL, reporting to the Head of Finance. Leading the UK-based International Finance Team and working closely with Conservation Programmes (CP) operations as the International Finance Business Partner Manager. The job holder will ensure that ZSL’s finance strategy and policies are implemented across ZSL international operations. This includes:
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting systems, policies and procedures are developed for operation by ZSL’s country offices and that these are rolled out effectively;
- Working with the Head of Conservation Operations, country finance teams and Country Managers in overseas offices ensure that the control environment and processes are robust and financial reporting and budgeting is up to date, accurate and understood; and
- Providing effective assurance to ZSL’s senior management that financial management is operated effectively in ZSL’scountry offices.
- Building a trusted relationship with senior stakeholders in Conservation Programmes both in the UK and overseas to ensure appropriate financial business partnering, supporting and advising on financial matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to take on a strategic partnerships role with a specific focus on managing a team of 3 qualified accountants and acting as a key point of contact for the department. You will lead on the development of financial reporting which will help create significant and lasting impact across the way the Conservation Programme manages it’s reporting, budgeting and forecasting across each of it project areas.
- Qualified accountant ideally CIMA or equivalent qualification (such as ACCA, ACA, CIPFA) or equivalent experience working in a senior finance management position in development or conservation not for profit organisations.
- Proven ability to oversee, write and critique large-scale financial-data for rigorous, impactful analysis.
- Solid experience working at a strategic level, with demonstrable diplomatic skills to engage proactively with senior stakeholders and influence behaviours in a positive way.
- Extensive experience overseeing the development, management and reporting of multiple largescale data.
- Current or previous line management experience ideally managing a team of management accountants.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present financial information in an engaging manner and business partner skills to deliver insights on the financial performance and sound advice.
- Proven ability to robustly challenge decision making and drive continuous improvement in business performance whilst maintaining positive relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; fluency in English is essential.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Head of Finance. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however may occasionally require the post holder to travel internationally. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 6%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.