Senior Accountant - The Disney Store, EMEA
The role is a key position within the Shared Service Centre (SSC) team, responsible for accounting and reporting of The Disney Stores business activities. The Disney Stores Europe team within WDI Shared Service Centre is responsible for providing support to the European Disney Stores operations, based in the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, Sweden and Denmark.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for The Disney Stores quarterly accounting & reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports. The role will involve partnering with local Finance and Compliance teams, to ensure timely & accurate reporting, while in compliance with US & local GAAP. Driving process improvement project work will also be an integral part of this role.
- Working with the Shared Service Centre Manager in overall preparation of quarterly accounts, including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages for review by the Senior management
- Preparation of financial reports such as gross margin analyses, cash flow statements, income statement and balance sheet flux schedules, which are submitted to a variety of end users including the US parent
- Ensure all reporting packages are submitted accurately and timely on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparation for and presentation at quarterly country close meetings for specific Retail territories
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for review
- Preparation of various business reports on a timely basis providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances where required
- Supporting management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties or projects
- Preparation and review of subjective inventory provisions such as weeks of supply reserve, obsolescence reserves, and landing factors
- Responsible for key reconciliations between the Front of House (FOH), and reporting systems.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual audit schedules including liaison with external auditors
- Responsibility for computation of FOH FX errors ensuring correction entries are processed on a timely basis
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA with strong relevant working experience
- Retail Experience preferred
- Strong educational qualifications with an accounting / auditing working background
- Working experience of preparation of financial reports
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferable
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of AS400 desirable but not essential
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.