Finance Analyst - Control
The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), we're smack in the middle of it! We are an entrepreneurial start-up operating in the B2B market inside the world's biggest travel company. We build the tools and technology that help millions of travellers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. We work with over 10,000 partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and satisfied and loyal customers.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be part of our finance team. We work on several projects and business initiatives to support the continued profitable and sustainable growth of the EAN business. You will collaborate with the other members of the Finance team, the wider business unit, and also other teams.
- As team, we are responsible for the Finance and Product initiatives.
- You will support the team to ensure that proposals align to EAN’s overall strategy
- Support the continuous development and improvement of EAN’s systems & processes, as needed, keeping pace with business changes and market best practice; ensure that areas of financial risk (or where SOX controls exist) are adequately documented
- Ensure a full understanding of financial process flows, risks and governance exists and it is implemented for any finance or business initiative
- You will update process documentation and you will ensure that the process documentation remains up to date and relevant
- Support the process of maintaining and developing financial controls within EAN, ensure these remain relevant and are fit for purpose
- You will work on the effective communication of controls risks to the business, ensuring these are clearly understood. Recommend and help shape risk mitigation strategies as needed
- Ensure robust processes and standard methodology are adhered to by control owners and that EAN follows all controls and processes
- Ensure that all new business processes and initiatives being rolled out across EAN have adequate financial controls in place and do not put any existing controls at risk
- An accountant qualification is required.
- You have experiences in working within an internal audit or control environment, in a dynamic evolving industry
- You have excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
- You have a deep understanding of the issues involved in working with cross functional teams across multiple time zones
- Excellent ability in dealing with many conflicting tasks, and deliver against rapidly changing priorities
- You are an enthusiastic professional with the will of actively contributing and helping to craft EAN’s finance strategies