Senior Finance Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Finance Analyst to join Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team, the business-to-business (B2B) arm of Brand Expedia (BEX). GPS is a high-profile division within Expedia Inc and has aggressive growth expectations for the coming years. We create tools and technology to help millions of travelers make their next trip happen. Our technology and supply powers the travel businesses of some of world’s leading online and offline travel agencies, financial institutions, loyalty organisations and airlines. We are the only B2B arm to operate across all travel products including air, hotel and car.
In this role you will provide excellent financial, commercial and analytical support to this growing and exciting business. You will be a key finance business partner to sales and marketing teams across EMEA, APAC and AMER regions, participating in business development initiatives, working with the account management team to improve partner performance and ensuring full bottom line accountability.
You will need to be a highly engaged individual contributor who is able to work closely with all levels of the cross-functional teams and enable robust business decision making. More specifically, you will:
- Support the Business Development and Account Management teams in evaluating business initiatives and preparing commercial negotiations
- Support FP&A team with Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reporting processes, readily providing insight of key drivers behind financial trends and outlook
- Support FP&A team with financial planning and forecasting process by ensuring robust inputs from account management teams to reflect realistic performance expectations; monitor and evaluate quality of outputs to influence continuous process improvement
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in preparing short, medium and long-term strategy for existing partnerships; identify and communicate risks and opportunities; build and maintain financial models to support this process
- Support the wider commercial finance team in developing and enhancing business development framework with objective of driving consistency and excellent support across different regions and partnerships segments
- Support reviewing of controls including partner contracts to ensure BEX exposure to profit or operational risk is minimised
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested by business partners or the BEX business
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA preferred); finalists (e.g. strategy level for CIMA)
- Proven success in a business partnering finance role in a fast paced, dynamic environment with experience in supporting commercial negotiations
- Proven ability to analyse data to solve business problems and provide strong business insight
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and oral) with proven ability to interpret and present data in a compelling format to finance and non-finance audiences
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external partners, e.g. sales, finance, marketing, product, partners
- Budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling experience
- Experience of audit/risk nice to have
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase and SQL experience desired, but not essential.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
So - why should you consider a role at Expedia London?
- We’ve been voted the #1 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor consecutively for two years. Have a peek at why we won here and here.
- We love solving problems
- We have a pretty awesome benefits package including travel discounts (of course!), wellbeing allowance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension on top of a competitive salary