Fantastic opportunity for a Partner Designate looking to grow their accounting career
Partner Designate Job in a Berkshire Accountancy firm.
Are you a professional and articulate Audit & Accounts Manager looking to take the next step towards Partner status?
This Partner Designate Job in Reading is suitable for an ambitious Audit & Accounts Manager with the drive and knowledge to progress to Senior Management. Equally, this Partner Designate Job in Reading may be ideal for an existing Client Manager or Partner Designate seeking a fresh challenge within a vibrant environment. There are future opportunities to progress to full Equity Partner for the right candidate.
To be successful in this Partner Designate Job you will need to be a highly effective Client Manager with a background in managing multiple client delivery relationships, and confident in managing a portfolio autonomously. Furthermore, you will possess proven leadership skills, having already managed teams to achieve successful outcomes.
In this Partner Designate role you will be responsible for a portfolio with a diverse mix of clients to include; SME’s, OMB’s and HNWI’s. You therefore must be adept at building relationships with clients and have the capability to deliver audit, taxation and accounting services, along with overarching business advice.
The Berkshire practice works with a varied portfolio of clients, ranging from start-up right through to large corporate entities. This is an independently owned, and award winning, firm of chartered accountants, very much a mixed practice environment. The practice works with sole traders, small Limited Companies and larger SME's to deliver a fully outsourced accountancy offering.
The firm is growing quickly, with further ambitious plans for expansion, making the opportunity to acquire equity highly attractive.
Responsibilities will include;
- Full relationship management for a portfolio of clients
- Supervising and reviewing the work of a team of more junior accountancy staff
- Attending meetings with existing and potential clients
- Managing a team and the associated workflow
- Mentoring and development of staff including performance reviews
- Involvement in Business Development activities
- Preparation of Statutory accounts for Sole traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Leading on audits (largest clients circa £70 mill turnover)
- Planning, implementation and completion of External Audit work (including the management of a field team)
- Self-Assessment and Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of management accounts
This presents a fantastic opportunity for a Manager who is looking for progression into a more client facing and strategic role, or for an existing Partner Designate/Associate Director who wishes to take a more proactive role in practice development.
The firm are also registered auditors, with a small number of Audit clients and are looking for someone specifically with Audit experience to manage and develop this part of the business.
As a member of the senior management team you would undertake the final technical review of all outgoing work, be setting and authorising fees, managing WIP, and so would need to be capable of coming in at a level above the existing managers to take this responsibility.
Ideally the Partner Designate will be ACCA/ACA fully qualified and will have a minimum of five years' experience of working within a busy public practice accountancy firm. A broad commercial knowledge base is desired for the role, and priority will be given to candidates with the aptitude for creative thinking and with the necessary interpersonal skills required to influence both clients and internal stakeholders.
This is an ideal opportunity to fast track to equity Partner;
- If you feel that you have the potential to be a successful partner but are frustrated by the lack of promotion opportunities within your existing firm please contact us to discuss this role.
- If you are keen to be given more autonomy in your role, and have your voice heard whilst contributing directly to the future growth of an already successful practice, then this is the ideal role for you.
To find out about more Partner Designate jobs in Berkshire please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT, Employment Tax and Finance.
More searches like this
- Accountant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Reading
- Audit Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Reading
- Compliance Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Reading
- Partner Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Reading
- Risk Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Reading