A great opportunity to join a start-up business in Sheffield who are looking to appoint their first Financial Controller. The role will be the no.1 in finance and over time they see this role developing into a Financial Director of the business.
My client are based in a Sheffield City Centre location. They have a market leading technology based product which they assemble themselves at their site in Sheffield and sell across the globe. They are well positioned to double turnover each year over the next couple of years with some very exciting times ahead.
The roles key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the company's accounting functions.
- Supporting the day to day operations of the business.
- Play a key role in developing external relationships with key contacts such as auditors,
- solicitors and bank.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Financial forecasting, budgeting and cash flow management.
- Year-end audit including preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Supervision and management of Sage accounting software.
- Credit control.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified.
- Will have strong management accounting and financial analysis experience
- Will be keen to further their career within an challenging and progressive business
- Will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Will have strong commercial awareness
- Will have experience working with SMEs and exposure to multi-currency transactions
- Will be well organised and diligent with the ability to help maximise efficiencies and drive profitability within the business
- Will have experience working within a VC environment
Competitive salary for the right candidate dependent on experience.
Salary guide between £35,000 to £45,000