We are currently looking for an ACA qualified Project Accountant based at Tideway’s new London Bridge offices, this role will be required to provide senior level finance support within the Financial Control team. The Project Accountant will report to Tideway’s Financial Control Manager but will require significant engagement with wider Tideway teams. The role will suit an individual who is a qualified accountant looking for a varied role through which they can develop their finance career and play a part in the successful delivery of a large scale, innovative, infrastructure project being delivered in the heart of London. The post covers a mixture of statutory and management reporting, financial control activities, as well as the opportunity to get involved in ad-hoc projects to help deliver a world class finance function.
The successful candidate will also be required to support the Financial Control Manager where appropriate which will include attendance at senior management meetings as well as board/audit committee meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Reporting, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
(a) Internal/External Reporting:
- Lead in the preparation of all Tideway group statutory accounts and interim reporting. Play a key role in the development of best in class external reporting, and be an integral part of the working group who produce the Company’s Annual Report.
- Lead in the preparation of appropriate monthly and quarterly cost reports for Tideway including project cost performance against budget/forecast for use by the Executive team, Shareholders, Ofwat, and other external stakeholders. Ensuring variances are fully understood and reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure all project spend is properly reflected in Tideway’s finance system, Netsuite, in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Ensure financial controls are maintained in the area of finance which will include, entering and posting journals, balance sheet reconciliations, assist with internal and external audits
- Lead in the timely and accurate cash reporting and forecasting for all project costs
(b) Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead in the development and subsequent reporting of project costs budgets and forecasts including the OAB (Budget) and Estimate at completion (EAC)
2. Business partnering and Stakeholder relationships
- Lead relationships with indirect cost budget owners helping them understand and carry out their finance responsibilities, providing assistance with budgeting and forecasting and providing challenge where applicable
- Act as the key contact for managing the external audit relationship on a day to day basis during the year end and interim reporting periods.
- Assist in managing tax compliance including Corporation tax and VAT duties and work with external advisors to develop Tideway’s position in the area of tax
3. Supporting the Financial Control Manager
- Support the Financial Control Manager with external reporting requirements including technical accounting and tax work streams
Deputise for the Financial Control Manager where necessary at senior stakeholder meetings
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- A good technical accounting background
- A good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and latest accounting developments
- An understanding and experience of tax transaction
- Good communication skills - concise and clear
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Likes to be empowered
- Flexibility and drive to consistently meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Confidence and gravitas to deal with senior stakeholders within the business
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite including intermediate excel
- Excellent report writing skills
Qualified Accountant (ACA)
What we offer in return
•30 days leave
•Private Medical Insurance
•Company Bonus Scheme
•Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
•Cycle to Work Scheme
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and we want you to be part of our ambition to breathe life back in to our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
You can join us to help clean up London’s river together by applying for this role