Financial Accountant / Finance Manager - ACCA / CIMA Qualified
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company, a high quality provider of customised logistics solutions at all stages of the supply chain, is currently recruiting a Finance Manager to undertake the full financial accounting function in support of the UK operation, based at their Headquarters in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
This role provides an opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to continue their career progression in the role of Finance Manager within a logistics environment. The successful candidate must be able to work alone in the UK office with support from finance colleagues in Germany, to provide accurate financial information and advice to the senior management team. Occasional travel to Germany will be a requirement of this role.
- Completing monthly period work ensuring that all costs and revenues are allocated to the right nominal, cost centre and period and that accruals are correct
- Collating, preparing and interpreting management accounts and monthly reporting
- Creating, controlling and checking outgoing invoices against SLA's and raising monthly internal and external invoices with support from Accounts/Finance administration
- Preparing a cash flow forecast and managing income and expenditure against bank balance
- Bank management and point of contact for all bank matters including raising and authorising Bacs transfers and other bank payments
- Preparing the UK budget with relevant stakeholders, delivering to Group on time and preparing monthly senior management report to include actuals against plan
- Supplier management, allocating invocies to correct nominals and cost centre and releasing invoices for payment in absence of Executive Director
- Responsibility for credit card and fuel card management and reconcilliation
- Responsibility for petty cash and expenses management and reconcilliation
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Assisting senior managers with the production of long term business plans
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Support the senior management team with price negotiations
- Developing and managing financial systems including maintenance of the integrity of master data on the SAP system
- Management of financial accounting, VAT and Tax for the UK business
- Checking internal Group invoices and bookings against agreed price tariffs
- Analyse monthly accounts and review with senior management team
- Develop and maintain KPI's, working closely with senior managers to provide meaningful information to assist in the decision making process
- Debtor and supplier management
- Analysing fuel costs and maintaining fuel card system
- Day to day liaison with German parent company Finance team
- Facilitate the annual Finance audit
Required Skills and Experience:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification / relevant operational experience
- Commercial awareness
- Robust numeracy, analytical and accountancy skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to develop rapport with people at all levels
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proactive and able to work independently without supervision
- Relevant experience of financial accounting, VAT and Tax within a UK organisation
- SAP knowledge and experience
- German language skills
The post holder will be required to undertake occasional travel to Germany to attend training, meetings and other events.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Senior Accountant, Financial Accountant, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA will be considered for this role.