Risk Management and Internal Controls Manager
Leading global business looking for a Risk Management & Internal Controls Manager in the Midlands.
Global brand in the Midlands.
Operate as a business partner to the Director of Business Control and a direct functional report of the Head of Global Risk Management, Internal Controls & Finance Integration.
Ensure effective corporate governance within the organisation, this includes:
- Maintain a risk management process, which ensures that risks are continuously mitigated by the implementation of policies, procedures and internal controls
- Implement internal controls over financial reporting and provide assurance that they are being applied effectively
- Advise management on solutions to identified deficiencies and / or opportunities for value creation
- Advise management on fraud prevention.
- Offer a career training ground for professional staff to develop into future management
- Optimise the cost of control within the organisation
- Bring best practices and continuous improvement into the area of RMIC
- Ensure that all recommended actions and improvements identified by the department are implemented by OU management in a timely manner
- University degree or equivalent relevant higher education qualification
- A recognised professional qualification RA, ACA, ACCA, CPA (or equivalent) is required, or alternatively an RO/RE or CIA qualification. In addition the following qualifications would be considered an advantage:
- Recognised professional qualification e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, MBA, CFE, CFA
- Prince 2, PMP, LEAN.
At least 5 years of work experience of which 3 years experience in financial / operational auditing within a professional accountants firm, internal audit or internal control function
- Experience in a multinational (Head Office) organization In addition the following experience is preferred:
- Knowledge and experience with PCAOB / SOX
- Experience in a finance function of a commercial business or financial consultancy
- Experience in the functionality of SAP and authorisation controls
- Experience in a foreign country.
Up to £70,000 + car allowance + bonus + benefits.