An exciting opportunity to become the Financial Controller of a very well established international manufacturing company based in Newport.
Our Client, based in Newport is a key manufacturing site and UK company, part of a Global market leader with headquarters in Europe.
As the Financial Controller you're key responsibilities will be:
- To monitor and drive the financial performance of the plant, acting as the business partner / challenger of the Plant Manager and Plant Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and the management of the reporting processes (management and financial) established by the Business Unit in the plant: Budgets, Forecasts, Monthend closing, performance reports, ad-hoc analysis
- Team Management - Responsible for recruiting talents for any open finance position in the plant. In charge of the development plan (training, evaluation, and succession plan) of the finance teamActively participates, in the definition of the performance management indicators and systems for the plant.
- Provides accurate, relevant, and timely information in an efficient way to give a clear understanding of the plant's performance, and to drive its operations.
- Risk Management - Ensures full compliance with group and business unit policies and internal control procedures in the region/function.
- Responsible for the implementation of a control environment that ensures the mitigation of financial and business risks.
- Manages the financial system in the plant, including new ERP implementation.
- Ensures internal audit findings are properly and timely addressed.
- Support the plant management in the preparation and or review of non-standard contracts, in order to identify and mitigate any associated risks.
- Tax and Legal - Coordinates all statutory, administrative, and tax reporting for the region
- Cost Control - Implements and maintains a solid cost management and reporting process. Helps in the identification of cost reduction initiatives, develops the related business cases, and supports the monitoring of the defined action plans to ensure the timely delivery of the committed cost savings.
- Strategic initiatives and capital management - Partners with the plant management, based on the input of the BU, to define and implement the short term and long term plan of the operations.
- Manages and optimizes the capital requirements of the business, by helping the plant management in the selection of the most appropriate capital expenditures. Tracks the performance of the agreed investments.
- Is pro-active in the reduction of the working capital reduction initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
up to £50,000 Basic + Benefits