Robert Half are working on behalf of a rapidly expanding small business called Empiribox who are looking to recruit a newly created Financial Controller position based at their site on the Harwell Innovation Campus, Didcot.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded accountant to join Empiribox as they enter an exciting new chapter in their history!
Empiribox makes it easy and stress free for primary schools to deliver inspiring, thought-provoking science in their primary school classrooms. Including science lesson plans, all the equipment for experiments and termly on-site training, Empiribox has been designed as a comprehensive education package that provides everything primary schools need to teach outstanding practical science lessons every week of the year.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant that relishes the opportunity to work in a business that is looking to rapidly grow following the recent investment by a Venture Capitalist organisation. There is scope for the successful candidate to be a critical part Empiribox's growth strategy!
The Financial Controller will be supporting and working closely with the MD and will need the gravitas and confidence to work effectively with other board members and the senior management of the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- As the sole member of the finance function, you will be responsible for all finance duties
- Ensuring the accuracy of all aspects of the accounting software
- Preparation of full management accounts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cashflows
- Production of statutory accounts
- Cash management
- Developing and implementation of internal controls as required
- You must be a fully qualified accountant
- Have strong experience in the full monthly accounts production, as well as management accounting and financial accounting processes
- Come with a proactive and can-do attitude, self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Advanced computer skills to include excellent Excel ability. Prior experience of using Xero accounting software would be a distinct advantage, although not essential
The position will be permanently based at the Harwell Innovation Campus near Didcot.
Salary & Benefits
A competitive salary package depending on experience, 22 days annual leave entitlement (plus the bank holidays)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement