We have an exciting new opportunity with a leading Oxfordshire educational establishment who are looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the Deputy Bursar in the running of a small finance team with numerous accounting functions, including the processing and management of accounts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the preparation of termly management accounts and financial pack for presentation to the Governors.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process. Request, collate and review budget submissions from all departments.
- Assist with the preparations for the annual audit.
- Debtors – prepare banking, enter cheques/cash and direct payments onto sales ledger. Follow debt collection procedures to ensure prompt receipt of overdue accounts, including sending out statements and letters.
- Control account reconciliations including bank reconciliations.
- Prepayments and Accruals
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Purchase ledger processing – input, authorization, reconciliation and payment of supplier accounts.
- Act as backup for monthly payroll and related systems – RTI, PAYE, pension reporting, auto enrolment.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have a financial background. Ideally you will have acquired a professional accountancy qualification, or be studying towards it, and you will have excellent Microsoft Office skills. You will also have good communication and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and remain clam under pressure.
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Up to 6% pension contribution
- Study supports
- Child care voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme
- Free lunches and use of gym facilities
- Free parking on site
This is a prestigious organisation based in South Oxfordshire that is committed to developing young adults and encourage them in their aspirations. All the staff have a passion for what they do and build strong relationships with their colleagues and young adults alike.
Allen Associates is one of Oxfordshire’s leading recruitment companies, with Marketing, Finance, PA/Admin, Human Resources and Temporary divisions. Allen Associates operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on current vacancies please visit www.allen-associates.co.uk and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin and Google+.