Operations Manager – Youth Sports / Education
The organisation is a group of companies joining together to create the Global Leader in Physical Activities Provision for Schools, Early Years, and Families.
The group has been providing schools, children and parents with innovative programmes and initiatives for over sixteen years. Established in 1999, they provide a wide range of services to schools and communities throughout the UK.
They are now looking for an Operations Manager to join their team in Birmingham to support and deliver all operational objectives including delivery and development of the business plan.
- Working strategically to set deadlines utilising company business plan and company operating manuals to ensure successful implementation of strategy
- Recruit, engage, deploy and co-ordinate a team of highly skilled Activity Professionals and Middle Management. Managing and delegating tasks throughout the whole team whilst maintaining a strong team ethos and positive relationships through conducting probationary and annual reviews, setting action plans and other engagement activities
- To develop and execute an ambitious sales strategy for rapid growth ensuring that products sold to new and existing schools are meeting/exceeding the target within the business plan
- Manage an online business management system (BMS) and data analysis by reporting statistics via the BMS to influence company strategy
- Attend regional network meetings, core training and National training events for personal and company development
- To manage and grow client’s contracts and strengthen customer relationships through termly review meetings with schools and employees. Providing quality assurance checks on the service provided to ensure the companies high standards and reputation are being maintained and positively developed. This can be enhanced by co-ordinating and delivering fun, innovative school assemblies and advertising and promoting all events on time and in full within deadlines
- Set and manage budgets across all areas of the business
- Leadership, project management and/or management experience
- Strong knowledge of the local area, Education and Health landscape
- Experience of building then leading a strong & successful team
- Experience of working in a customer facing role that has involved the building of long term relationships within education and/or Health sector
- Ability to cope with pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel to meet with peers and customers across Birmingham and the UK - with a full Drivers Licence and use of a vehicle
- A passion for engaging children in physical activity, sport and wellbeing with an understanding of Primary school education and national Health policies
- Experience and a successful track record of generating and building new relationships with customers and team members
- Account management, strategic and organisational skills
- Experience with problem solving and complaint handling
- Sport, Coaching or Teaching qualifications
- Presentational skills and experience
- Experience working with CRM/BMS systems
- Data analysis experience
- Be happy, have fun and give joy
- Create wonderfully enjoyable experiences
- Deliver WOW with every interaction
- Commit to continual improvement
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be adventurous, creative and open minded
- Nurture strong relationships through excellent communication
- Work smarter not harder
- Remain above the line at all times.
- Be outstanding and passionate in everything they do
- Based in Birmingham
- 24 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Training and Development provided
- Company pension and benefits
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular team socials
- Great company values
The company asks that all candidates produce a Core Values video for 1st interview. This is just a short 2-3 minute video on how they and the work they have previously done aligns them to the Core Values... this can be as fun as you like as it is a chance for you to show them their personality and fit. You will not be considered to progress further along the interview stage if you do not complete this video.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for further information on the video.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Facilities Support, Facilities Manager, Facilities Development Assistant, Operations Manager, Facilities Development Coordinator, Facilities Advisor, Administrator, Office Assistant, Business Support, Operations Improvement Manager, Project Manager, Quality and Improvement Manager, Finance Operations Manager, Process Improvement Manager, Financial Planning Manager, Implementation Manager, Financial Operations Manager, Efficiency Manager, Controls Manager, Process Manager, Operations Specialists, Project Team Leader, Administration Assistant, Office Administrator, Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Consultant, Facilities Admin, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinator will be considered for this role.