- Working as part of the finance team contributing to all aspects of financial control and financial compliance for the group. This will include supporting: - timely and meaningful monthly management reporting; cash-flow maximisation;
- all aspects of financial reporting, production of financial statements and the annual report;
- implementing and overseeing the group's financial compliance arrangements; o ensuring the smooth and timely completion of external and internal audits, resolving all audit issues;
- tender reviews; o tax compliance; o treasury and cash management; o group insurance programme; o managing the group finance systems;
- payment of and changes to remuneration and benefits
- Continuously improving financial control and planning processes to deliver a best-in-class function with a robust focus on cash generation and cost control.
- Helping with the budgeting process to ensure that the approved budget is effectively used as the yardstick for measuring business performance both at sector/ divisional level as well as for the overall Group.
- Supporting operational and strategic decision-making processes from a financial perspective, developed through the interpretation and meaningful analysis of financial data.
- Ensuring effective internal controls are in place; implementing and enforcing compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identifying financial and business risks and working towards mitigating these risks.
- Developing an expert market knowledge of the sectors which the business operates in.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent
- Recognised professional finance qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Prepared to undertake occasional international travel
- think strategically and demonstrate clarity of thought and understanding of projects being considered
- identify patterns, connections and underlying issues in complex situations, both internally and externally
- understand how the results of various projects fit into the broader group context
- command respect internally and externally with an ability to communicate with effectiveness and gravitas throughout all layers of the organisation
- take responsibility for discovering, understanding stakeholders' perspectives
- apply strong intellectual rigour and probing
- focus on identifying opportunities/issues and taking proactive action to progress
- develop and maintain pro-active relationships with business management and external network of advisors on a strategic level
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement