Investment Helpdesk Consultant/Customer Service Advisor-Finance
Job Title: Investment Helpdesk Consultant
Location: Bristol (BS1)
Salary: Competitive + Overtime
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is offering fantastic opportunities to work on their Investment Helpdesk which services their 836,000+ clients. As the industry leader in providing exceptional service to clients they are seeking enthusiastic, professional and motivated individuals to join the Investment Helpdesk. The Investment Helpdesk plays a huge part in the ongoing success of the Company supporting clients with their investments on their award winning Vantage platform.
The Company is trusted with more than £61.7 billion of their clients' savings. The Investment Helpdesk's role is to service their 836,000+ clients. The role is unique in that you will never have the same day twice; queries are varied, at times technical and as such your day will be diverse and fast-paced.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide investment information and assistance to their loyal and respected client base. You will also be expected to provide a polite and professional approach at all times.
As well as learning about their range of services and investments, you will gain an in-depth understanding of complex areas such as the sophisticated products they offer and industry regulations. In an ever evolving landscape, you will need to react to changes in legislation and explain the relevance and consequences of complex rules and procedures in clear terms.
The person most suited to this role will be looking for a challenge and be happy to work in a lively, fast paced environment where client service is paramount. Building strong relationships both internally and externally is key. In return for your hard work they will provide the opportunity for personal development and progression within the Helpdesk and the prospect of obtaining recognised industry qualifications.
A structured 8 week training programme will initially see you spend time on their Client Support team before joining the Investment Helpdesk. It will take approximately 3-4 weeks before you arrive on the Investment team, at which point you will go through a further training programme which will develop a high level of knowledge of the investment products that they offer to their clients.
Once competent on the Investment Helpdesk, there is a transparent career path available to ensure that you have the opportunity to build expertise and tailor your Helpdesk career to your interests and aspirations. A series of structured modules are available which bring with them additional responsibilities and defined salary increases. Examples of modules include pensions, online support, advisory helpdesk and the opportunity to become a 'Senior Investment Helpdesk Consultant'.
Each module entails dedicated training, assessment and regular feedback. Studying towards professional qualifications complements the development path and is actively supported.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls
- Explain complex rules in plain English
- Reply to client letters and emails
- Meet clients face-to-face
- Liaise with third parties on clients' behalf
- Ensure clients are treated fairly, in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Refer any instances of client dissatisfaction or suspicion of money-laundering appropriately
- Preserve their reputation for excellence built up within the industry
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 2 A-Levels or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Client satisfaction orientated
- Excellent team player who can contribute and engage with their unique culture
- Sense of pride from doing a good job
- Drive to deliver outstanding client service
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Degree level 2:2 or above
- Basic knowledge of financial services
- Competent computer user; proficient with Microsoft Office and using in-house systems
- Knowledge of products and services offered by the Company
- Any relevant experience (e.g. working in an office, customer service role, etc.)
- Experience of financial services
- Experience of holding positions of responsibility (work or non-work related)
- Confident, accomplished telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Genuine interest in financial services
- Willingness to learn and desire to develop professionally
- Desire to contribute to the Company's success and uphold its exceptional reputation
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Investment Helpdesk Consultant, Customer Service Advisor, Financial Services Advisor, Investment Consultant, Customer Service Consultant, Financial Services, Investment Advisor, Client Retention Executive, Customer Service Executive, Investment Support, Client Support, Helpdesk Consultant may also be considered for this role.