Management Accountant/ Financial Analyst/ Financial Controller
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Stanlow, Cheshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Our Client is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Management Accountant to complete robust analysis reporting on the key commercial and operational drivers of the business at Stanlow and to prepare relevant and insightful management information of this basis.
To report on the financial impact of existing business practices and processes and to undertake analysis on the financial impact of new and potential new developments in the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Area of focus to include:
- Understand, control, manage and monitor the Stanlow entity accounting
- To help design and then utilise mass balance reporting for the three parts of the site (Pre Treatment Plant "PTP", Biodiesel Refinery "BDR" and Processed Oil Plant "POP")
- Work with the key operational and commercial stakeholders in the business to help all parties understand the current performance of the business, opportunities for improvement and the impact of potential changes
- To continue to develop the Stanlow feedstock cost processing model for the PTP and design a method for checking and improving its accuracy. Using this to analyse the performance and profitability of existing feedstock contracts along with assessments of the financial viability of new supply opportunities
- To help try to design an equivalent (though likely much simpler) processing cost model for the POP and the BDR
- To design and then report on flash/dashboard performance results for the site
- To improve cost control at Stanlow, performing financial analysis on key cost streams (for examply Haulage, Utilities, Chemicals, R&M, Production)
- Stock management and control - Monitor stock movement and analyse cost savings
- Create and distribute KPI reports and analysis
- General commercial finance support to the Operations and Commercial departments
- Working with the Group Financial Controller to provide inputs into monthly cash flow forecasts
- Oversight and reporting on capital expenditure
- Control of Stanlow related budgeting models and key inputs as part of the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience
- CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent qualified accountant
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Strong excel and analytical skills
- Previous experience in a similar role essential. Ideally previous experience gained in a manufacturing/production environment
- Some travel to other sites will be required
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Finance Controller, Finance Manager, Payroll, Fuel Sector Accountant, Credit Controller, Financial Accountant, SAGE, Accountant, Management Accountancy, Finance Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Coordinator, CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Senior Accountant may also be considered for this role.