Contentive is a global B2B media and information company, helping professionals and businesses excel in a digital world. We provide an engaging mix of news, events, intelligence and training, across Digital Marketing, Digital Finance and other Business Media verticals.
Our information based products and services help professionals excel in a world being transformed by digital – and our tools and platform provide marketers with access to clearly defined audiences.
As the credit controller, you will report into the management accountant and work with the finance team. The purpose of your role is to be responsible for maintaining receivable payments on due date, keeping the client accounts up to date, ensuring all invoices are sent out on their due date, and helping with other accounts administration.
- Ensure accounts received by invoice due date from customer by using auto-reminders already set up and mail merging. When there are no responses via email then call the customers accounts payable asking for the payment date.
- Ensure invoices go out on invoice date.
- Approve invoices by checking raised invoices against Sales Force and ensure there is a signed agreement or purchase order number. If there are none in Sales Force, email the sales to provide this. Once provided approve invoice and send out.
- Create a monthly report for the Management Accountant, showing invoices that are unsent and for what reason.
- Credit invoices when required. Ensure that the credit note is logged in Sales Force along with the new invoice number if raised.
- Maintaining the tracker excel document with comments against late invoice payments or expected payment run dates.
- Administration on accounts; updating company details, putting in PO numbers and re-submitting invoices, responding to customer emails and their queries.
- Maintain master daily sheet for monthly meetings with Accelerate IT and Accelerate Places.
- Maintain desk phone extension number allocation; liaise with IT if requiring new extension numbers. Ensure reception always has an update to date copy.
- Assist with laptop ordering and other computer hardware requirements.
Professional and Personal Requirements:
- Previous, proven experience in a credit control role
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Candidates with an accounting background within a tech, venture, or creative industry are encouraged to apply
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using MS Dynamics, Sage or Xero
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V Lookups)
- Educated to degree level or working towards relevant finance qualifications i.e AAT
- Minimum GCSE Maths & English (A-C)
Our environment is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative and we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people are curious, self-aware, resilient and entrepreneurial and enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do; if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Perks and Benefits
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Life Assurance 4x your basic salary
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
Contentive can offer you:
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- A dynamic start-up environment
- Real prospects to grow your career
- Open culture in which everyone feels comfortable sharing ideas and opinions
More searches like this
- Credit Control Media / Entertainment / Advertising Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Credit Manager Media / Entertainment / Advertising Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Assistant Accountant Media / Entertainment / Advertising Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)