The Financial Controller will be responsible for the effective managing of the day to day running of all financial aspects of the business, managing a small team and interacting continuously with the MD and the UK Group.
My client are an £18m turnover, formerly family-owned business in Lydney, Gloucestershire who have recently been acquired by a UK Group. They are a manufacturer, hoping to grow turnover by c.50% in the short-to-medium term.
- Complete group Financial Pack monthly
- Prepare budgets and review financial package.
- Attend Board meetings and take minutes as required
- Oversight of the wages on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Sorting out the purchase and sales ledger accounts and enter onto Sage 50.
- Complete the bank reconciliation and cash flow.
- Complete invoices and liaise with customers and payment queries.
- Month/ Period end procedures. Sales and purchases ledger and payroll.
- PAYE/VAT calculations and payments, including year end.
- Effective Credit control
- Negotiate renewal terms on all contracts in relation to overheads and expenses
- Review and renew Insurance policies.
- Schedule payments in line with cash flow
- Sign off supplier invoices
- Prepare sales Invoices
- Manage Holidays for all salaried staff
- Cover for Accounts executive
- Quarterly stock check, including pricing for Accounts.
- Cost saving budgeting and targeting
- Any other accounting/finance procedures using Sage 50.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrable track record as Finance Manager or Financial Controller in a small business. They will bring with them knowledge of best practice and how to effectively implement it across the business. They will need to act as a mentor to more junior staff, and adept communication skills at all levels will be required.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary.
The package will include:-
1% Pension contribution
4x Gross earnings Death in Service Policy
23 days holiday p/a (pro rata)
Hours - 8.30-5.00 Monday- Friday (1 hour lunch break)