Credit Controller / Debt Verifier - Contact Centre
Job Title: Credit Controller / Debt Verifier
Salary: £16,000 - £22,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2017
The company is the UK's leading independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. As a privately-owned business, they understand the challenges and demands of running and growing a business.
Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion and advance in the region of £483m to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the security and profitability of the company through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients.
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients.
- To provide excellent standards of customer service.
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of Clients through efficient and effective Credit Control.
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients.
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email, and in written communication.
- Relationship building- establishes rapport - Establishes and maintains a professional + 'expert' relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client's business.
- Provides excellent customer service - Manages credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting Bibby's security.
- Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person.
- Understand needs - Sees things from clients point of view; identifies clients needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Bibby's security
- Attention to detail.
- Decision-making - Sets credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitors collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Ability to say 'no'.
- Takes initiative - Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection techniques. Takes responsibility for actions, Manages time and prioritizes work and plans ahead.
- Use, develop and sell Bibby's products and processes.
- Manages risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud.
- Numerate - Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers.
- Financial understanding - General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk.
- IT skills - Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience.
- Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications - N/A.
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience in a financial service environment.
- Skills - Managing risk, sales.
- Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ.
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company's application portal.
Candidates who don't do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLYbutton and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Customer Aid, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Customer Support, Call Centre Advisor, Inbound Customer Services Executive, Inbound Call Centre Support, Payment Processing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor will be considered for this role.