Financial Crime Analyst
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online – at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
We are looking for a highly talented, self-motivated and analytical individual to join the Financial Crimes Compliance Team. This person will be responsible for independent validation and peer review of all AML-focused models and detection rules to ensure that the development and documentation is in alignment with the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Governance Policy and meets all regulatory guidelines. This person will design and build a methodology and program for rule monitoring and validation, ensuring the quality and efficacy continues to meet expectations. This includes understanding the development process, regulatory requirements, internal policies, and general best practices for developing AML-focused models and detection rules.
· Strong research and analytical skills, business acumen, strategic and creative thinking, project leadership skills and multi-tasking capabilities
· Experience in managing daily escalation queues, handling complex or exception cases from business and operations teams.
· Experience in the fields of transaction monitoring, fraud detection, peer-group analysis, and AML/CFT
· Experience in building and developing rule/model validation programs
· Ability to analyse large sets of complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and make business recommendations based on analysis
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all levels of the business
· Self-driver with the ability to work on a team
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
· Experience in developing documentation that meets the highest regulatory standards and audit requirements, experience with OCC and other regulatory guidance a plus
· Expert communication skills, both written and verbal
· Results oriented with the ability to identify the long-term effects of decisions/solutions on customers and the business
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence team
· Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or related field, or comparable business experience
· Minimum of 5+ years of business experience, with at least three of those years in an analytics-related or AML-related role
· Basic-level skills in using SQL required, and a knowledge of relational databases
· Any AML related certification preferred. CAMS certified is a plus.
· Payments or e-commerce background preferred.