Position: Senior Qualified Accountant
Salary: £55k + Benefits
My client are global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. They are seeking a Senior Qualified Accountant to work from their Reading Head Office. If you have Nordic accounting experience that would be desirable but not essential. However a recognised qualification is needed along with at least 5 years’ experience at a similar level.
Purpose of the Role:
- The Senior Accountant is to provide accurate US GAAP and local GAAP statutory reporting for assigned Nordic legal entities.
- Responsible for income statements and balance sheets for assigned Nordic legal entities.
- Responsible for all compliance related matters related to assigned Nordic legal entities.
- To provide full support to the Nordic Finance Manager to enable Nordic Finance Manager to sign off on USGAAP and local GAAP statutory and all compliance related matters.
- The person will work closely with the Nordic COE Finance Accountant based in Stockholm and other members of the North West Europe Entity COE and partner with our Finance Operations COE Belgium, WSSC Poland and BP&A teams.
- Supporting the Finance Manager through working across the Entity COE with the Finance Accountant in the Entity COE and with the European Entity COE Leader to ensure that best practice and standardisation of processes and practices are implemented in timely manner
- Personal Specifications:
- A recognised accounting qualification
- Audit experience would be an advantageous
- More than five years functional experience with experience of working in or supporting Nordic region; have good working knowledge of Nordic region
- Nordic Language skills clear advantage (Swedish, Finnish etc)
- Proven ability to work across a Matrix Organisation
- Experience in Entity Closures and Entity Openings across multiple jurisdictions advantageous.
- Experience in working with Shared Service Centres
- Experience in ERP implementations would be advantageous
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Proven experience working with external auditors, tax advisors and legal advisors
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and local GAAP Compliance Requirements
- Willingness and ability to be present in Stockholm / Nordic region once per month.
- Key Competencies and Leadership Standards Required:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Driving for Results
- Influencing Others
- Process Effectiveness
- Team Work
- Continuous learning
- Innovative Ideas and Approaches
- Global and Collaborative Mind-set
- Optimised Execution and Performance
- Salary £55kpa
- Bonus scheme or incentive (Office/ CCO – 0-5% incentive plan which usually pays out around 2.5-3%)
- Private healthcare cover through Axa PPP, can flex cover and add partners, spouses and children
- Pension 3.75% employee, 6% BD (note 4-6 weeks before can opt in. 3rd Payroll is usually when pension becomes deductible – if no decision made then auto enrolment into basic scheme which is 1% both sides)
- Life assurance x4 , can flex up to 8x
- Critical illness cover x1 if pension, can flex up to 4x
- 25 days holiday
- GSIP, after 6 months BD will match 3%, employee can do up to 14%
Flexi benefits through salary sacrifice
- Dental plan – discounted rates, different levels of cover
- Travel insurance, discounted rates 4 levels to choose from
- Cycle to work scheme up to £1000
- Childcare vouchers
- Give as you earn. Tax free
- Gym flex, discounted rates
- Buy and sell holiday after 1 year, sell 3, buy 10
- Free use of the gym, pool and spa facilities at the Holiday Inn
- Onsite restaurant
- Active social committee with events programme for
- Free onsite parking